About Physical Therapy in Marietta
Physical Therapy promotes wellness, mobility and independent function. Physical Therapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how to restore mobility.
Is Physical Therapy for Me?
Physical Therapists are experts on movement and function. At PhysioEdge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation our Physical Therapists are skilled at assessing and managing a range of conditions including:
- Physical conditions such as back pain, arthritis and repetitive strain injury
- Sports injuries
- Post surgery recovery
- Mobility problems related to neurological disorders such as stroke, spinal cord injury or Parkinson’s disease
- Pre- and post-natal problems and other women’s health conditions
- Neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Respiratory and cardiac conditions
Physical Therapists in Marietta can also help you to prevent most of the above conditions by offering advice on posture, exercise, workplace and lifestyle habits.
At PhysioEdge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation your Physical Therapists work as part of a team with you and sometimes other health care providers or sports coaches. The success of your Physical Therapy program usually requires your co-operation outside of our Physical Therapy clinic. You will probably be required to participate in an exercise program or some modifications to your postural or lifestyle habits. Your dedication to your Physical Therapy "homework" will greatly enhance the outcome of your Physical Therapy program and will help you to achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
You can expect your Physical Therapist will follow the system below to ensure your time in Physical Therapy and at home is used effectively to reach your goals.
- Assess your symptoms.
- Diagnose your condition.
- Plan your treatment.
- Treat your condition.
- Continually evaluate the effect of treatment on your condition and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
- Help you to manage your condition at home and to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Communicate with any other health professionals involved with your condition, such as your doctor, to ensure a united approach to achieving your goals.
At PhysioEdge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation our Physical Therapists keep up-to-date with the latest in medical and sports science research to help them select treatments that have been scientifically proven to help your condition. This is called "Evidence Based Practice".
Some of the treatments that Physical Therapists at PhysioEdge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation may use include:
- Mobilization and Manipulation of joints
- Functional Dry Needling
- Functional Movement Assessment (FMS) and Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Soft tissue Mobilization and Manipulation, massage
- Neuromuscular Reeducation Exercises and Activities
- Therapeutic Exercises and Activities
- KinesioTaping and Leukotape Taping
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Biofeedback, Electrotherapy, Ultrasound therapy
- Advice and education
Make us your first choice for Physical Therapy in Marietta.